Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Knoxville

We decided to spend our Memorial Day weekend visiting our dear friends in Knoxville.  Since that is where my first church was, and it was the first place Stephen and I lived as newlyweds, it does hold a very special place in our hearts.
We had incredibly gracious hosts in our friends Lori & Tommy Paterson and their two kids.  They made us feel right at home, and things are always so easy with them.  You know those friends....whom you can completely be yourself around?  That's them!
Our weekend began after a longer-than-it-needed-to-be drive on Friday (there was a rockslide on I-40 last fall, and only one lane is open in the westbound lane), and we enjoyed a laid-back evening with the Patersons & their kids.  

Saturday the guys went shooting (not entirely sure what that entailed) and later that afternoon we all headed out to the neighborhood pool.  

Saturday night we went out with the Patersons & one of Stephen's best friends, Lee.  That dinner made me remember just how great our friends in Knoxville are, and made me miss them so much.  I haven't laughed that hard in a very, very long time, and I remember doing that a lot when we lived there.  I seriously love these people.

Sunday morning Stephen, Berkley & I went to Sunday School and worship at West Hills- where I was associate pastor right out of seminary.  It was so nice to see everyone there & introduce them to Berkley.  We hadn't been there since before I was pregnant.  
Sunday afternoon we went to a Memorial Day cookout in a friend's neighborhood- lots of amazing food & time to relax together. 

Monday morning we packed up and headed home with lots of promises to get together again soon.
I don't miss Knoxville itself- I am not an East Tennessee girl.  But, I do miss our wonderful friends there, and it was such a blessing to be among them for several days.

No comments: