Saturday, June 12, 2010

Concert

For my birthday, back in April, Stephen gave me a pair of tickets to the James Taylor/Carole King concert in Charlotte last Wednesday.  He had to go to a conference in Minneapolis last week, so my second ticket went to my mom.
My mom & I hopped on the new light rail near her house & headed downtown for a wonderful evening.  
We went into the stadium, and I quickly realized that I was the youngest person there by about 30 years- okay that's a bit of an exaggeration- there were some children there who had clearly been dragged there by their parents, and they were asleep before the concert was half-way through.
Our seats were in the rafters, but it didn't matter at all.  The stage was circular and it rotated slowly around the entire concert.
Carole King is around 68 years old, and she had more energy that most 20 year olds!  She was all over the stage & seemed to genuinely be having so much fun.  Both artists played all of their hits, and we all enjoyed singing along to the old favorites.
It was so incredible to hear them play together & to watch them sing back up for each other.  It was truly a wonderful concert.

No comments: