Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Welcome to Yellowstone!

From Salt Lake City, we drove up through Idaho, into a small part of Montana, and finally arrived at Yellowstone in Wyoming!

I did most of the driving on our trip, and I really loved how often this was the speed limit sign I saw on our trip!  It served my lead foot really well!
We stopped for a great pizza lunch in Idaho Falls, Idaho...
I was so excited to be driving into West Yellowstone, Montana after a long day in the car!

Our first stop in Yellowstone was the Gibbon Falls.   It was a beautiful scene, and a great place to stretch our legs.
Then we pulled off on the side of the road to check out a random hot spring...
And immediately saw lots of bison on the side of the road...
We arrived at our hotel- the Mammoth Springs Lodge, where there were tons of elk just walking around among the people.  
And we finished up our night with a gorgeous sunset over the mountains...

No comments: