Sunday, May 15, 2016

Acqualina

My amazing husband swept me off for a long weekend north of Miami at the Acqualina Resort.  

We got things started with one of my favorite foods while waiting at the airport!
We arrived in our room and found a birthday cake waiting for us!  We were a few weeks off, but since Stephen had given me this trip as my birthday gift (and we'd had to reschedule a couple of times), they still celebrated me with this delicious cake!
Our room- the fanciest hotel I've probably ever stayed in.  It was spacious and gorgeous.

Room service dinner on the night we arrived...
The view from our bed...
The grounds beside the beach...
I mean.  I could sit here all day.
Or here...
And these fruity, beach drinks?!  Yummy!  
Stephen even reserved a cabana for us by the "adults only" pool.  This was so luxurious, and perfect for a couple with one who loves sun & one who loves shade!
Celebrating my 38th birthday and our 12th anniversary...
The second night, we had a 2nd birthday cake in our room!  Ha!  I assume they miscommunicated somehow and didn't intend for us to get two, but we sure did enjoy it!
Even on vacation, we can't sleep late.  We do love a sunrise...
Honestly...the water, the sun, the beverage, the company.  Perfection.

Sunset dinner on the pier near our hotel on our last night...

The view from our balcony...

No comments: