Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Abby at Elon

What a beautiful end to an otherwise terrible day (see Berk's busted chin).
It was such a privilege to drive over to Elon to celebrate my college roommate Abby and hear her share about her new book... Joy- the biography of C.S. Lewis's wife, Joy Davidman.  She has worked on this book so diligently and faithfully over the last many, many years, and I couldn't be more proud of her.  I remember her agonizing over the smallest of words while writing in college, and all of that was simply training for the genius work she has done since.  

My dear Dan drove me over for the evening- a great chance for us to reminisce about our days at Elon, and I could vent about my day!  
We got to see our favorite professor, Jane.  The combination of these people makes my heart want to explode!
And then three of my college small group gals came as well!  These girls were in the group of freshman ladies that I helped lead my sophomore year, and they've had a part of my soul ever since.  What a great way to end the day!

No comments: