Friday, January 08, 2016

Stephen's 40th Birthday!

Happy 40th Birthday to my handsome, loving husband.  I used to say that with him, "What you see is what you get", but as we grow older together, I have learned that there is actually a whole lot more going on in that brain and heart of his than most anyone gets to see.  What a privilege it is to be his partner and get to see those secret places!
No one in the world makes me laugh and love and learn like he does.  He challenges me in so many good ways.  He gifts me with a life of adventure and intense loyalty and sweet devotion. We are so vastly different, and yet we complement each other so well. God has truly blessed us together.  I am so grateful for this man's life, and I'm excited to be with him for the next 40+ years of his life.  In marriage and parenting and in life, I feel like I've won the lottery- getting the chance to do it all alongside this wonderful man.

No comments: