Friday, November 20, 2015

Fun Friday

Every year we take Berkley to get a School Kid Chronicle made.  It is a fantastic video interview that is a great way to see the passing of time and to remember what Berk was like in previous years.  

While waiting our turn, I attempted to teach Berk a little chess.  He instantly loved it, and wants to play all the time now!

 His video was a hoot!  I love that in the videos, kids typically don't answer the way you expect them to- in both good and bad ways.  You're in a different room during the interview, so there's no way to influence their answers!  This year my favorite Q & A was:
* What is the most beautiful place you've ever been?
Berk:  Myrtle Beach.

Are you kidding me?!  The kid has been to Costa Rica and the Caribbean for heaven's sake!  But it's also just a perfect answer in every way.

Afterward, we went downtown to Scuppernong for a snack and some reading time at our favorite independent book store.

I was thrilled to see my college roommate Abby's book Joy still in a prominent position in the front of the store a couple of months after its release. 

 I love this little children's nook in the store.
 This may be one of my all time favorite photos!
Stephen met us downtown and we grabbed dinner with Mark and Amelia.  As we walked out to our cars we realized the downtown ice rink & sledding hill had opened!  Naturally, we had to stop by!
 Doing a little backward skating... 

No comments: