Sunday, November 15, 2015

First Big Meet

Berkley had his first "legit" swim meet for Swim GSA and it was so much fun!  Watching and cheering for swim meets is definitely in my wheelhouse.  Let's hope he keeps enjoying year-round swimming!

These four boys are the 6 year olds (and one 5) on the team, and they have the best time together.
 That's Berk in lane one rocking an awesome 25 butterfly!
 And that's him winning his heat for backstroke...
 His first 50 breast, and he did great!
 Scores from the meet....top 10 in his first 3 events...including the breast against 10 and unders!
 The first night I volunteered to be meet marshall.  It's a pretty excellent volunteer position that basically means you are a bouncer for the pool deck.  I literally just watched the big kids swim their heats and had to bounce no one.  But it may have been because I clearly looked so tough.
 Saying hi to my guys while I bounced meet marshalled.
 Day two of the swim meet was just as fun as day one!  Berkley and his buddy Bo swim together in the summer as well, and I've loved seeing their friendship bloom while swimming year-round together.
Winning his heat in backstroke...
 I mean.  This.  Just this.  I can't formulate words.
Me-Sue and Stix were able to come watch on day two.  Having grandparents in the stands is definitely a treat!
Another great finish on day two.  Two top 10 finishes in 8 & U and Two top 20 finishes in 10 & U.
So proud of how hard Berk swims, but also LOVE watching how much fun he has doing it!

No comments: