Sunday, October 11, 2015

Time with Papa

On Sunday, while Stephen went for a second ride, I decided to take Berkley over the mountain to see my dad.  It was nice to be able to make such a quick drive to see him, and to even stop in and see my Granny.

Berkley always amazes me with how good he is with Granny.  He seems to truly enjoy being around her, and all of the residents of the nursing home.  He has a sweet compassion that most folks (myself included) just don't typically have.
Granny is almost 90, and is not entirely sure of who we are, but I think she knows us in her heart.
The rain calmed down a bit so that Papa & Ms. Vickie could drive back toward the mountain with us, and do a little more exploring.
We checked out an incredible rock face of a mountain.  It had a gorgeous view, and was just unique in and of itself.  But there was spray painted "art" all over it.  I definitely have mixed feelings about that- on one hand- it's kinda neat, but mostly it makes me sad that this beautiful creation has been defaced.
I may not get to see my dad as often as I'd like, but I'll take even an hour if I can get it!
Beautiful view of the valley below.
Along the drive, my dad told us about this natural water fountain that people helped build into the side of the highway.  He has memories of stopping there with his family as a child, so of course we stopped to check it out too.
,Finally, we went to the top of Caesar's Head Mountain.
And climbed around its cracks and crevices...
Before we left my dad & Vickie, Berkley found this awesome tree to climb!  It was a great afternoon.

No comments: