Thursday, October 29, 2015

Surprise!

For several months, my girlfriends and I planned a fun trip for just moms and our kiddos.  Since the Willis family loves a good surprise, I decided a surprise was definitely in order for Berkley on this trip!
So, on a Thursday morning, I picked up Berkley at school (as early as I could & still have it count as a full day) and told him we were going on an adventure. He read a book in the car the entire way to the airport and didn't even realize where we were until we were in the parking deck of the airport.  I told him that he wasn't going to know where we were going until we got through security- primarily because we didn't have a lot of time to spare between checking in and our flight.

This kid is getting to be a travel pro...
Once we cleared security, I found an empty spot in the terminal and gave Berkley this notebook filled with fun activities and information about our trip ...
He was so excited and grateful once he realized where we were headed!
 Berk was already in a Mickey shirt, and I changed into mine in the airport!
Reading the safety instructions is always a priority for Berkley when he gets on a plane!
Off we went on our mother-son adventure!
We arrived in Orlando, and had a car take us to our hotel in Port Canaveral.  As a good use of time, I had Berkley go ahead and get to work on his journal for the week.  Missing school means you still have to do a little bit of work while you're gone!

1 comment:

Courtney Cassada said...

you're SUCH a fun mom!!!!