Saturday, October 10, 2015

Sky Top Orchard

While Stephen was riding, Berkley and I adventured over to the Flat Rock area to visit our favorite NC apple orchard.  Sky Top is a great orchard that is normally obscenely busy on fall weekends.  Thankfully, the rain seemed to keep most folks away, so we had our run of the place.  

We walked pretty far down the mountain to find some "hidden" apple trees that were full of ripe fruit.
We made the most of the rainy day and chalked it up to adventure!  No need to complain about the rain!
There is nothing as tasty as an apple fresh off the tree!
We were soaked, but couldn't be happier.
And my very favorite part of the orchard- their delicious, warm, fresh apple doughnuts.  Truly.  These things are amazing.  It's a very good thing that I don't have access to these more often!  I can barely control myself around them as it is!

No comments: