Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Simply Tuesday

What a fun treat! I was given an advanced reader's copy of Emily Freeman's new book Simply Tuesday.  I've read one of her other books, heard her talk here in Greensboro at my MOPS group, and I've even run into her at Target.  While I don't know Emily personally, we've met several times, and have lots of mutual friends.  I have a lot of respect for her, and her work, so I was excited to have the chance to read her book before it hit the bookshelves.

What's not to like about getting an advanced copy in the mail?!
She talks a lot about finding your bench.  Your place of rest and peace.  I took this photo on a bench at a park while I was reading and Berkley was playing.  The funny thing is, I ended up leaving the book there! Yep.  I left my book on the bench by accident.  The publishing company was SO generous, when I e-mailed to explain what happened, mentioned that I was already halfway through the book, and I'd love to get my hands on another copy.  They graciously sent me a new copy & I got back to reading!
My sweet friend Jenilee and I decided to get together before the release so that we could catch up and also talk about the book.  What a blessing it was.  We shared the ways that Emily's thoughts about being "small" had touched both of us, and enjoyed each other's company.
When the book released, Emily had a signing at our local Barnes and Noble.  I went to it and enjoyed hearing her talk, meeting her again, and getting a few books signed for friends.  So thankful for the "Tuesday people" in my life, and for Emily for reminding us all to take a breath, enjoy the smallness, and embrace the ordinary.

No comments: