Friday, July 24, 2015

Louisivlle

I flew to Louisville to officiate the wedding of two former Passport staffers, Rachel & Daniel.  What an honor!

I finished up the wedding sermon while on the flight...
I rented the smallest possible car, and got it for $12 a day!  Perfect!
I enjoyed a couple of days at the Embassy Suites...time and space to myself after a week in a house with 40 people.  It was definitely a nice way to decompress after vacation!
Rehearsal time...
Rehearsal dinner.. (Let's also mention how ridiculously tan my face is in this picture!)
I got to meet my friends Gina & Andrew for drinks after the dinner.  They live in Louisville, and knew just the right place for us to hang out for the evening.  I tried my first attempt at bourbon.  When in Louisville...
 Gina and I went out for a lovely lunch the following day.  I just love spending time with her.  She is a professional colleague, but has also become a really wonderful friend.  I wish we got to see each other more often.
What a beautiful wedding!  I was privileged to work with Rachel & Daniel when they first met and began to fall in love.  It was a privilege to counsel them, pray over them, and officiate their wedding as they begin their life together.
  Reception time before I flew home EARLY the next morning!

1 comment:

Cassidy said...

Love the pictures of you in action! :) What was the picture about with all the bridesmaid's laughing or reacting to something?