Saturday, April 04, 2015

Orlando

The first week of April I got to fly to Orlando to do some work for one of my favorite ministries.  Passport helps create & produce an ecumenical youth conference every few years, and once again I was honored to be asked to be on the planning team.  The event will be in January of 2017, but it takes awhile to create such an awesome opportunity!  

The first day, my first meeting wasn't until dinner time, but I chose a super-early flight down to Orlando, so I could have some fun time in the sun!  In addition, I got an e-mail from Delta a few days earlier asking if I'd like to upgrade to first class on all of my flights for $60 total.  That breaks down to $15 per flight.  Ummmm....yes, please?!  When else do you get that opportunity?!  #treatyoself  Not only was I in first class, but on my flight from Atlanta to Orlando, I was in business class. A.Mazing.  Fold out chair/beds, a duvet comforter, charger, usb port, and a wide selection of movies.  I leaned back and enjoyed watching Into The Woods for the duration of the flight.  What a treat!




This view on the Magical Express, is always one of my favorites!
After a chilly spring, I was thrilled to have an afternoon by the pool to enjoy the sunshine!
And I taught myself how to make a fishtail braid (it's the little things)
Our first gathering was at Jiko- my absolute favorite Disney restaurant that's located at Animal Kingdom Lodge.  It's one of the few places I know of where one can have a Tusker- a yummy Kenyan beer!
Breakfast of Mickey waffles- 'cause "when in Disney"
I even RAN while I was there.  Coronado Springs Resort has a gorgeous trail around the property that even makes me want to go for a jog!
I promise this trip was for work, but obviously I didn't take photos of a conference room.  As we explored EPCOT one morning (where my primary responsibility for the conference is located), we did get a special walk on to Soarin'.  It was a treat to ride with these fun friends!  (Marnie & Mollie were there for Spring Break and got to join us for the ride.)
Mary Poppins.  This gal was above & beyond.  The day beforehand, I learned that my dear friend, Cara was throwing her girls a Frozen party that weekend for their joint birthdays BUT they had REALLY wanted Mary Poppins instead, and she just wasn't available.  When I saw Mary at Epcot, I knew what I had to do.  I asked for her signature for my sweet friends, Lilly & Fern, and then she went above and beyond. 
 First of all, she took her sweet time writing them a super-thoughtful note including "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious". I was super-impressed.
Then, she said, "Wouldn't they like a video?"  And even after I tried to say, "No....that's just too much."  She insisted, and I filmed the most precious Happy Birthday video to the girls.  Auntie of the Year award goes to me thanks to the best Mary Poppins actress ever.

What a wonderful week!  I promise there was a LOT of work done, but it certainly was fun in between!

1 comment:

Cassidy said...

#treatyoself