Thursday, April 09, 2015

New York Day 4

Our last full day in New York was just as fun as the others!

The three of us spent most of our day at the American Museum of Natural History...one of my personal favorites.  There's so much to do there, and although we were there most of the day, we still didn't do and see it all!
We checked out the butterfly exhibit.  Berk wanted this butterfly to climb on his hand so badly!
He got to hold an orange slice that a butterfly landed on...
Fascinated by the Aztec exhibit
We saw a couple of IMAX shows, and a show in the planetarium
Learning about the universe...
We laid on the floor underneath the huge humpback whale...
Learning all about earthquakes...

What a fun day together!
We walked back through the park to play a bit and check out the Belvedere Castle
And finished off the afternoon with more waffles!  Seriously...I could not stop eating these things.  They are just such a good snack!
When we planned our trip to New York, I had no idea that two of my best friends would be there at the same time!  Christina was there with her family for a couple of the same days.  We didn't plan on seeing each other, but as I headed into the Marriott Marquis to go to the rotating restaurant at the top, look who was walking out the door!  Seriously- we didn't even plan it!
And the coolest overlap in travel was getting to see my sweet friend Cara from California!  She was in town for a conference, and took an evening to spend with me and Berk while Stephen was having a conference call!  Cara was with me when we ran into Christina!  THAT was cool!
Cara & I took Berk up to the rotating restaurant (via super-fast/super-tall elevator) and we had a couple of drinks while we watched the NYC sunset over the skyline.
This girl.  I adore her.  We became fast friends in seminary, and have such a special relationship.  Neither of us belong on the East Coast, but it's the East Coast that brought us together, so we are super-grateful!
Checking out Times Square at night...
We headed to Little Italy (my favorite) for an absolutely phenomonal dinner.  no trip to NYC is complete without a meal on Mulberry Street!  Just look at that pizza for Berk and that penne vodka for me (and yes, I ate every. single. bite.)
Cara's gigantic lasanga...
We picked a restaurant where we'd been together back in seminary.  When we were in school together, Cara was not as familiar with the city as I was, so for her birthday one year, I took her on an NYC friend date to show her the sights.  It was so special to get to re-create our time together 13 years later (with Berkley in tow!).
After a late dinner, Cara went back with us to the hotel to hang out for a bit.  Naturally, Berkley invited her to check out his top bunk!
What a perfect final night on such a wonderful trip!

No comments: