Monday, March 09, 2015

Faith & Theatre

Ethan, an 8th grader from our church had the opportunity to preach in chapel at his school.  I've always held a special place in my heart for he and his sister, Sophie, and was so excited to be invited to hear him preach. Ethan did an incredible job preaching.  I've loved watching him grow and thrive over the last couple of years as he has discovered his love for theatre.  So, I was even more pleased when he used theatre as a metaphor for faith.  He encouraged us to consider how important it is for us to "rehearse" or practice or faith...that it's never perfect, and not just something we perform on Sundays at church.  But it must be something we are always working on and intentional about. He was wise beyond his years, and the space and his words provided a wonderful start to my Monday morning.

No comments: