Wednesday, March 11, 2015

ACC Tournament

Our dear friend Mike is an assistant AD at Wake Forest.  He called me up on a Wednesday to offer me and my mom tickets to the Clemson vs Florida State game at the ACC Tournament here in town.  He knows how much my mom loves Clemson, and it was so thoughtful of him to think of her.  Unfortunately, she had to work that afternoon and couldn't go to the game.  However, I was totally wide open for the day (unusual, but true), so I decided to take the tickets and go.  I called a couple of people to see if they wanted to go with me, but everyone had commitments (since it was so last minute).  No big deal!  I headed over to the coliseum myself. I've never been one to shy away from an event or a meal or anything just because I'm alone. 
So, I grabbed some lunch, found my seats and enjoyed watching the game.
I would be remiss if I didn't mention that one enticing factor of going to the game is knowing that the Mini Donut kiosk would be there.  Seriously.  One of my favorite sweet treats ever.  I couldn't eat all of them, but I gave it a really great effort.  

No comments: