Sunday, February 22, 2015

Retreat Weekend

My dear friend Stacey and I met in seminary.  I was in classes with her husband, and she and I hit it off immediately.  We don't get to see each other often (which is true of most of my beloved seminary pals), but when we do, it is such valuable, sweet time.  I am so thankful that she serves on the women's retreat committee of her church, and she convinced them to have me come in as their speaker- my favorite!  Although they are a church from Athens, GA, the retreat was in SC- not too far of a drive.

On the drive down, I called ahead to an Olive Garden I knew I would pass.  I ordered the soup and salad and enjoyed it in my car in the parking lot.  It's amazing what small joys you can find when you're by yourself for the weekend!
This gal.  I love her.  We know each other so well, and have truly been through a lot together over the last 14 years.  She is one of the best.
I guided the retreat participants through canvas painting.  This particular verse has been "haunting" me over and over for the last several months.  I couldn't help but paint it.  I just love that phrase "my secret heart".
And this one.  I stumbled on it, but needed to hear it.  It was my prayer all weekend.  More about what I gleaned from the weekend in a later post! :)
A beautiful Sunday morning walk before leading a final session and heading back home.  This weekend blessed me far more than I was ever anticipating.
This affirmation was printed and brought to the retreat by the group.  I'm kind of in love with it, and will be using it from now on.
One of the participants caught this fun picture of me teaching on Sunday morning before serving communion. Notice the fun painted canvases in the background too!

No comments: