Monday, June 14, 2010

Under Contract

Yesterday our house went under contract!

Stephen and I had basically given up on our house selling, and resigned ourselves to leaving it on the market through the summer, and then trying again next spring.

In fact, just last week I told several folks that I thought maybe we "just weren't meant to move".  
Looks like I was wrong.

Evidently a young couple came to look at our house a month or so ago, came back into town this weekend and looked at it on Friday & Saturday, and then made an offer.  
Hooray!

Of course, there are still some things that could keep the deal from going through, but for all intents and purposes it looks like we'll be moving soon.

The closing date is July 28, so we have about a month and a half to pack up and move out.  Since it's a relatively short amount of time (that includes several weeks & weekends when we're out of town) and we're not entirely sure what we're looking for yet, we will most likely rent something in Greensboro for a while.  That way we can really take our time and find the right house for us- not just rush into something because of a time crunch.

Truthfully, I'm excited, but a little cautious as well.  I suppose I feel like I can't commit to this move until we know 100% it's going to happen.  So, with that said- you may find me scrambling to get packed and move sometime around July 27!

2 comments:

Jenn Beyer said...

congrats!!! I'm sad that you won't be right around the corner, but I know it's best for you guys!!!

Karamella said...

Wish we lived closer! I would take Berk Man off your hands for the day so you could get some serious packing done! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!