Monday, May 03, 2010

RIP Paint Pens

There was time- about 10 or 15 years ago- when a gal could enter Michael's or A.C. Moore and find herself on an entire row dedicated to paint pens.  I can't even begin to list all of the crafty projects I created in high school & college with the assistance of paint pens.  
I love them.  
I still use paint pens.
Not as frequently as I once did, but I'm still known to be crafty & make a gift that involves writing with those fabulous pens.

Admittedly, it has been a while since I've had to buy new paint pens, but I found myself searching through Michael's the other day- looking for two specific colors.  I must have spent a good 5 minutes looking down all of the aisles in the craft store.  I kept my eyes peeled for the row of paint pens.  I deduced that there was no longer such a row, so I started looking for a part of a row.  
No luck.
Finally, I asked the lady at customer service where the paint pens are.  She sent me to the back of aisle 5, along the wall.  
So, that's where I went.
And I searched & searched & searched.
Until, finally I found this...
Yep!  This was the only display of paint pens in the whole store.
And I almost walked right past it.  It was kind of tucked in among some spray paint & things for floral arrangements & other odds and ends.
And these were the only colors available...not the rainbow of various shades that once existed.

I think we must be entering the last days of the paint pen.
Goodbye, dear friend.
I will miss you & I will be forever grateful for your aid in all things crafty.

1 comment:

Ron said...

Tragedy and travesty. My heart aches for you. I cherish all the paint pen works d'art you have given me and others over the years. Remember Granny's Xmas balls? Best gift yet.