Tuesday, May 04, 2010

It Can't Be That Good

I get it that Chick-fil-A is tasty.
I get that it's worth waiting in line for.
I don't think it's worth waiting in this line for.
As I was getting groceries today, I looked down the parking lot to see cars lined up for the drive-thru.
You can see a couple of guys on the left-hand side of the cars...they were armed with menus & headsets.  I guess they were getting folks' orders in advance.

I'm just saying that if I only had 30 minutes for my lunch break, and I got to Chick-fil-A around 12:30pm and saw this, I would either:
a.)  pick another restaurant
b.) park & go in
And yet, the line continued to grow the entire time I watched.  People just could not turn down that chicken sandwich, waffle fries, and lemonade.  

They must put crack in it.
It just can't be that good.

5 comments:

Ron said...

In a city where everyone brings their own bags to the grocery store to avoid using plastic bags isn't it a little ironic that these same people waste hundreds of gallons of gasoline each day waiting in drive-through lines because they are too lazy to get out of their cars.

Carrie said...

I think it is amazingly good and I would only wait in a line like that for FREE chicken! Quite possibly that is what was happening. Lots of Chick-fil-a's are doing a buy your meal today, bring back the receipt on a certain date and get everything on it for free. Maybe that is what was going on!

Laurie Cutler said...

It really is that good! Although, I would get my lazy butt out of the car and go inside rather than wait in that long drive-through line!

Emily Anne & Joshua Jones said...

Although I was pregnant, right before we moved I often drove by that Chic-fil-a...and often waited in that line! It's suprisingly really fast. The last time I remember waiting, it was only like 5 minutes...seriously! Chic-fil-a has got it goin' on. Mmmm, mmmm, good--preggers or not!

Courtney said...

it is.
it IS that good!
( i would have parked and gone in, though...)