Monday, May 17, 2010

Beach Weekend

This past weekend I took a trip to Wrightsville Beach for a bachelorette weekend celebrating my friend Gretchen.  It was a great, relaxing weekend with 5 other ladies. 
Gretchen's friends were wonderful to be with, and I'm excited to get to spend time with them again during Gretchen's wedding weekend in July (in South Dakota).  I will be performing the ceremony & the other girls will also be involved in the wedding in some way, so it was fun to get to know them ahead of time.
We had a pretty low-key weekend with lots of eating, talking sleeping, drinking & being in the sun.  Despite our best sunscreen efforts, we all got entirely too much sun, but it sure was fun in the process!
I stole most of these photos from Gretchen since I left my camera's memory card at home, but I'm guessing she won't mind!
On the dock with Gretchen- right after we got to the beach on Friday  afternoon
 Margaret (Gretchen's sister), Gretchen & me
  Laura, Margaret, Gretchen, Blythe, Me & Tammy

Enjoying the beach (and getting sunburned).
  Relaxing (and still getting sunburned) on a raft in the sound

 Celebrating Gretchen with a fun bachelorette party/lingerie shower!

1 comment:

Karamella said...

Reminds me of our beach week in college with your friends at WB! SO much fun!