Tuesday, April 20, 2010

National Anthem

Last Thursday night, I had the privilege of singing the National Anthem at the Winston-Salem Dash baseball game.  Our minor league team just opened a brand new ballpark, and this was the third game in their new home.  I've always enjoyed singing the National Anthem, and this was no exception.  
I met Junior Johnson (famous NASCAR guy) who threw out the first pitch.  When I sang I was facing a camera which displayed me singing on the video board- that was definitely a new experience for me.
Several friends joined us that evening & it was great to visit with them while we watched the Dash play.
I don't have any still pictures of me singing since Stephen videoed the song, but here are some more pictures from the game.

My friend Sarah dancing with the Dash mascot, Bolt- she works for the entertainment group who performs & initiates games in between innings.
The Color Guard
With my sweet (and very pregnant) friends, Kiera & Lauren.  Kiera had her baby two days later!
Stephen with our friends Mike & Cristen

2 comments:

Willis said...

why don't you just put the video up here?

Katie said...

I want to see the video!!!!