Friday, March 05, 2010

Lunch Date

Monday I got to have lunch with Joy.
Joy & I have known each other since high school.  She's known Stephen since elementary school.  They went to Wake together as well, and now she, her husband & 3 month old boy live here in Winston-Salem as well.
As a teenager I looked up to her (she is 2 years older...a lifetime when you're an adolescent).  And she's still a woman whom I admire and love.
Joy is one of those friends with whom you can be yourself 100%.  You can admit your questions, your struggles, and your failures.  And there is no judgment at all.  In fact, she is quick to share her own life and it encourages me to do the same.  
I am incredibly thankful for this woman in my life.  And I'm thankful for a great lunch date with a great friend.

No comments: