Tuesday, March 02, 2010

I Love Books

I've been organizing the bookshelves in the playroom- trying to get things straight so we can try to sell our house (more to come on that, later).  I feel like everytime I do this I end up with boxes and boxes of books to put in storage, and I still have shelves full of books that I can't bear to not see on a daily basis.  
I love books.
I've loved books as long as I can remember.  I loved going to the library as a child, and went to the library every single day after school in middle school.  Once Borders and Barnes & Noble appeared where I've lived, I have spent many hours delving into those shelves.  And I have no idea the small fortune I've spent on books through Amazon.com.  
I just love being surrounded by books.  
As I was attempting to select at least a few books to take to Goodwill or exchange at Edward MacKay's, and many books to pack away, there were a couple of shelves I couldn't seem to narrow down. 
Here is a shelf of some of my very favorite/can't live without books/authors:
This is the shelf of books I need to read.  Either I've started these books & haven't finished them, or I ordered several at a time and never got around to these.  I would like to say that I won't purchase any new books until this shelf is clear, but that's just not realistic.

1 comment:

heanguy said...

Someone has an author-crush on Madeline L'Engle.