Monday, March 29, 2010

80's Skate Night


Our friend Jenn celebrated her birthday this weekend by throwing an 80's skate party.  We had the entire Skate Haven to ourselves for a few hours & had a great time skating (and falling) and playing all of the old skating rink games like the Limbo.  I love to skate and had the best time (despite the massive fall I had). 
Stephen and I enjoyed putting our 80's outfits together.  He decided to go for the Axl Rose look, and I chose clothes that are currently for sale at Target & Old Navy...evidently the 80's are coming back.
A great time was had by all, and it really took me back to the 80's when I spent Friday nights & Saturday mornings at the Skate Ranch in Raleigh. 
I sure do miss my Smurf roller skates!
 Jenn- the birthday girl! (Sorry it's such a dark picture; I had a tough time with figuring out the right flash for the skating rink.)
Jenn's husband Tyler, sporting the Ghostbuster's t-shirt (my personal favorite skate song).
We continued celebrating with dinner afterwards at a local Mexican restaurant.  
Happy Birthday, Jenn!

2 comments:

Jenn Beyer said...

thanks for coming and celebrating!!! I had a blast with everyone!!!

Karamella said...

What a fun idea!