Thursday, February 11, 2010

Update on Nanna

I went to visit Nanna in the hospital last Friday & Saturday.  She was so happy to see me, and seemed to be in pretty good spirits considering the physical turmoil she had been through.  It was such a blessing to get to see her and spend time talking with her, my mom, and my aunt.
Last weekend she had both the ERCP & surgery to remove her gall bladder & she recovered pretty well from both procedures.  It took her a while to come out of the anethesia, so both times she was taken to ICU following the surgery so she could be closely monitored while regaining consciousness.  
During the recovery from the gall bladder surgery, they discovered that Nanna has had congestive heart failure, so she is now on the cardiac floor of the hospital, being monitored for that as well as her surgery recovery.
I don't know what lies in store for Nanna, but she sure is a tough gal.  I am so grateful for her, and grateful that her illness has been held at bay for the time being.

No comments: