Thursday, February 04, 2010

No Good, Very Bad Day

I'm having a tough day.

My child rolled off the bed in his room this morning. He hit his head pretty hard. He seems fine, but I still feel like a horrible mom.

My Nanna is in the hospital with a diagnosis of pancreatitis and is having her gall bladder removed. Although her health has been in significant decline recently, it has just hit me harder today than it has so far.

I have a house that is in need of serious cleaning, laundry that needs folding, and a myriad of other projects to tend to.

I am unmotivated and emotional.

I need either a do-over, or for tomorrow to hurry up and get here.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

One, all three of mine have fallen of the bed or the couch. Seriously, all THREE of them! It's no big deal. Happens to us all and some of us multiple times! :)

Two, praying for your Nana.

Three, housework and cleaning are so not important. Take today to relax, love on Berkley, pray for your Nana, listen to music, watch a funny movie, take a nap. The laundry will still be there tomorrow, next week, next year, in a decade. Just cherish today with your Berk. The rest will fall into place when it needs to.

Kirby 1960 said...

Libby was a diver. If it was over a foot off the ground....she dove off. Can't tell you how many times I was "a bad mom." As of an hour ago, she is still alive. Even when the kids are gone, there is still housework. I know you have heard a million times "enjoy them while they're little." I will amend that. Enjoy them when they're home....because all too soon, they're not. I miss my kids every day. Have fun with the baby, and who cares about the house?