Friday, January 29, 2010

Motivated

Sometimes I think that God brought me & Stephen together so that God could get a great laugh.
I am one of the least self-disciplined, procrastinating-prone people in the world.
My husband is the opposite.

He literally jumps out of bed each morning ready to begin the day.
He has been known to paint part of our house in the 5 minutes it took me to finish getting ready before going somewhere.
In contrast, he has said of me & my parents, "Y'all are the most 'fixin' to' people I've ever met in my life."

It's true. We like to ponder things, relax a bit, and eventually we get around to it.
When he sees something that needs to be done, he just
does it. There is no time for considering something. It just gets done.
You can see how this would be an incredible blessing my lif
e. And, occasionally it also provides for a little bit of comic relief.
This morning Stephen got to head to work a little later than usual due to an important work meeting in another town.
We had a nice leisurely morning together, and then he got dressed in a nice suit & tie, kissed us goodbye, and headed out. I put Berkley down to play and headed into the kitchen to clean up a few things.
I looked out the kitchen window and saw that his car was still in the driveway. I thought, "Huh. That's weird."
I listened to hear if he was still in the house, and deduced that he wasn't. (This took all of 2 seconds since our house is tiny)
I looked in the back yard to see if he was doing something out there.
And all of a sudden I saw this:
What in the world?
He was up there putting something over a tiny hole we have in our garage roof from when our neighbor's tree fell on it.

He figured he had a few minutes to spare, so he might as well hop up there & fix it.
If we'd had some extra shingles lying around I'm quite sure he would've taken to nailing those in right then & there.
I am so grateful for a motivated husband who doesn't have a "fixin' to" bone in his body.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

that's great! isn't it amazing how different we all are??