Monday, January 04, 2010

Ringing In The New Year

Our friends Sarah & Paul Young hosted us along with Will & Leslie Hege for a fun, but low-key New Year's Eve. We took all of the children to their house and spent a good hour & 1/2 putting various children to bed, making sure doors were closed, and otherwise ensuring a peaceful dinner for the grown-ups.
We did have a wonderful dinner with good food & good conversation. The girls talked for most of the evening while the guys tried to figure out Will Young's Transformers (evidently they're way harder than they used to be). Despite the occasional interruptions by our children, we really got some good adult time together. Of course, I forgot to take pictures of the grown-ups, but I assure you a good time was had by all.
Berkley & Charlie Young had their first "sleepover" together in Charlie's room, but for some crazy reason Berkley decided to wake up right around midnight (which he never does) and stayed awake until we got in the car to head home. It was actually kind of nice to ring in the new year with my two favorite guys!
We were all pretty tired that evening, so we had a few drinks, chatted, watched the ball drop on tv, and called it tonight.
I consider the evening a huge success!

While I didn't get any pictures of the festivities, I did manage to get pictures of these easy, but yummy appetizers I made. Obviously, I love to take pictures of food!

Grape tomatoes with fresh mozzarella & basil.
Ham, swiss cheese, spinach & apple.

No comments: