Monday, January 25, 2010

Drive-Thru

One of my favorite things about Burlington, NC (the town next to my college town) is the number of drive-thru convenience stores it has. If you've never seen this, it is a sight to behold. Essentially it's a building with a huge hole in the middle that you can drive through. On either side of the car you can find everything you would in a typical convenience store. You simply roll down your window and ask for what you need. It is fabulous!
I used to love the stores in Burlington because they had yummy slushes of all flavors...cherry, grape (and several other flavors), lemonade and Mountain Dew! What could be better?!
As much as I loved the "convenience" of t
he drive-thru convenience store while I was in college, it is 100 times better now. With a baby in the back seat, it is incredibly fun and easy to drive up, grab a drink, and keep going.
I know there are a few of these stores in other places (particularly stores devoted to beer & other alcoholic beverages located near the beach), but I sure do wish this kind was more common.
Perhaps they are expensive to operate since they don't have gas pumps attached like most convenience stores. But, if I lived closer to one, I sure would drop a bunch of cash there!

3 comments:

emily v. said...

I always thought those drive thru stores were the dumbest idea...that is until I had children! I have often wished for one of those near my house so i could drive thru and get milk and bread without unloading the kiddos!

julie said...

Now I want to go to Burlington just to try that! My 5-year-old would get a HUGE kick out of it (as would I)!

Nocturnal Queen said...

I didn't know they had those in Burlington. The only one I've ever seen was in the Outer Banks. I'm not aware of any here in Greensboro.