Monday, December 14, 2009

Weekend in Wake Forest

We spent a fun weekend in Wake Forest with Stephen's families.
Friday night we drove into town with enough time to relax at Susan & Terry's. Stephen & I even got a little bit of hot tub time together!
Saturday we played together, enjoyed the Wake Forest Christmas parade, and visited with friends. Then we did a little Christmas gift exchanging with Mary Kathryn & her boyfriend, Joe.
On Saturday night Buddy & Kathy graciously took us (along with Mary Kathryn & Joe) all to dinner in downtown Raleigh and then to see A Christmas Carol. If you've never seen Theatre In The Park's musical comedy version of this show, you are really missing out. I haven't seen the show myself since I was in middle school, but was surprised by how much of the music & dialogue I remembered.
My sweet mother-in-law, Susan
Berkley playing with his grandpa TerryBerkley loved looking at the lights & ornaments on Christmas trees with his grandma KathyHeading out for dinner & a show

2 comments:

Karamella said...

Nice shirt!! Or is it a dress? Either way, very flattering :-) I love The Christmas Carol, Chris and I went a few years ago!

Courtney said...

Thanks!! It's a dress. Stephen actually gave it to me last Christmas (before I had a belly) and it fits now- woo hoo!!!