Saturday, December 19, 2009

Snow Day!

We had a wonderful snow day yesterday! It's hard to believe we got 6+ inches of snow in December!! The weather folks were actually predicting more, but the precipitation simply ended before they expected. I was quite happy with what we got!
I always like to think of snow as a special gift from Jesus just to me. I realize that other people might like snow too, but very few people who were raised in the South love snow the way I do. Whenever I think about moving away from NC I always say I would retire to Key West, but before that I would love to live somewhere it consistently snows in the winter. My last year at Princeton there was snow on the ground from early November until April and I absolutely loved it.
There's just something special about snow that calms me & brings me joy.

What a great way to start off the week of Christmas!

No comments: