Monday, December 14, 2009

My Favorite

I love hot dogs. I mean I really love them! However, I'm kind of picky when it comes to hot dogs. Around Winston-Salem everyone likes grilled dogs & grilled buns. That's not my favorite. My favorite is hot dogs & steamed buns! I was spoiled growing up by the greatest hot dog "restaurant" ever- Shorty's. Nearly every time we go to Wake Forest I have to have this delicious food. My meal of choice is a hot dog with just cheese (the awesome melted nacho cheese product), fries with cheese & a sweet tea (with crushed ice). Somehow that meal just makes my visits complete.
Since Stephen's family is friends with the folks who own Shorty's, our meal is always $5. After the Christmas parade on Saturday I watched family after family rack up orders that were $15 and $25. However, no matter how much or how little we seem to order, we almost always pay $5. It's quite a treat.

2 comments:

Stephanie L. said...

I LOVE Shorty's! They are truly the best hot dogs ever! For me its a hot dog with ketchup & mustard, fries with ketchup and a coke in a glass bottle! :)

Carrie said...

I didn't know Stephen's dad owns the hardware store. You know we lived in WF for 4 years while Jack was at Southeastern. We love Wake Forest- would move back in a heartbeat! We ate at Shorty's, bought stuff at the hardware store and loved the Christmas parade. I loved your posts about your weekend there- made me miss it more!