Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 In Review

2009 was a big one.
It was the first full year in the last 10 that I haven't served in a church, but I did have an incredible ministry teaching at-risk middle school kids.
Stephen & I celebrated 5 wonderful, laughter-filled years of marriage in May.
And of course, we had our precious son, Berkley in August!

God has blessed me beyond measure & I'm excited to follow God's leading in 2010.

So here's 2009 in review along with links to my blog posts about these events...

JANUARY
January was consumed with rehearsals for my February performance in Little Theatre of Winston-Salem's (now Twin City Stage) production of I Love You. You're Perfect. Now Change. I had an incredible time in this musical comedy & grew so much as a performer. I found out I was pregnant while in rehearsals for this show, but thankfully I didn't start showing until the show was over.FEBRUARY
My pregnancy started to show & I felt huge...I had no idea what was in store!

My mom & I went to Sullivan's Island, SC with her friends & their daughters (and grandchildren). We had a great time until we all got some kind of food poisoning or bug or something that left us all deathly ill. It will forever be the "weekend of the plague."MARCH
While Stephen was at the ACC basketball tournament in Atlanta, I decided to take on painting the nursery. We had decided on orange and I picked this fun shade (it's a darker orange than in the picture)
APRIL
I celebrated my 31st birthday. Stephen surprised me with a drive out to Courtney, NC, and a new rocking chair for our front porch.

Shower #1 of 6! Crazy, I know!
MAY
I had baby showers 2-4. This shower was given by my small group, Melissa, Gretchen, Joy & Lauren. At the time Melissa & Joy had just found out they were both pregnant & Lauren would be pregnant a few months later!
At this shower I remember thinking I was as big as I could get! I was sadly mistaken!Stephen & I celebrated our 5th anniversary with a stay at the O. Henry hotel in Greensboro, and an overnight trip to Richmond, VA.

JUNE
We finished getting the nursery ready & also got new windows throughout our home.
I read a ton of books this summer. Some I enjoyed- here & here. Some I didn't.

School ended for the year, and I couldn't have been happier to get off my feet & enjoy my last month of pregnancy in the comfort of my home. We got the "ok" from the dr. to take our annual beach trip with my mom, her friends & their families. I made myself at home in a float in the pool for the duration of the week. JULY
We spent the 4th of July watching the Greensboro fireworks from our jeep in the Friendly Center parking lot
My due date came and went
I was officially gigantic!AUGUST
August 3 was certainly a day that changed my life forever.
SEPTEMBER
After a hectic and tough month as new parents, I listened to a recommendation and discovered Moms on Call. This wonderful website gave us a schedule & swaddle method to follow that worked like a charm!
We took Berkley to his first WFU football g
ame. We have great seats on the 45 yd. line, but they're in the sun, so we opted out of taking him into the game, but he spent lots of time at our tailgate this year!I got together with lots of my college girlfriends for Katie's baby shower. Most of these girls were in the small group I led at Elon and it was so special to be together as adults (many of whom are mommas now!)
OCTOBER
Stephen and I went on our first trip without Berkley- to San Diego! We had a wonderful, restful time together & I got to visit with my friends Cara, Nancy & Zach!
We went to Montreat over Halloween weekend with our good friends (from seminary) Andy & Stacey Cooke. It was wonderful to spend a weekend with them & their son, Miller.

And also in October, I became completely addicted to etsy.com!

NOVEMBER

For Thanksg
iving we decided to stay at home by ourselves & had a delicious meal at River Birch Lodge. The Saturday after Thanksgiving we picked out our family Christmas tree.DECEMBER
I decided to leave Hanes and stay at home with Berkley for a while. This is the beginning of some exciting times at home with my son, but also some quality time discerning God's vocational calling on my life as I contemplate returning to ministry in some fashion. I sure will miss my kids at Hanes, though!
We experienced Berkley's first Christmas! What a joy to celebrate the birth of God's son with a baby boy of my own!

No comments: