Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Scrooge

I'm just not a fan of Thanksgiving.
I'm not crazy about Thanksgiving food, and I'm not crazy about the events of Thanksgiving (watching pro football, napping, and such) either. I do love watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, but that's about it.
Thankfully, I married a man who has some pretty similar feelings.
So, we decided that for our first Thanksgiving with Berkley, we would stay home- just the three of us. Many factors led to our decision but primarily we just needed the time for ourselves; we needed to not eat Thanksgiving food.
It was a great decision on our parts.

We had an easy morning together, hanging out and watching the parade. Then, for lunch we dressed up nicely and headed to a local restaurant (River Birch Lodge) for a really yummy lunch. I chose my favorite- shrimp & grits. Shrimp and grits on Thanksgiving might have possibly redeemed the holiday for me today! I am considering making it an annual tradition from here on out.
I may be a little bit of a Thanksgiving Scrooge, but I am incredibly grateful today (and every day) for the blessings in my life- I just don't need the turkey and an overstuffed stomach to remind me!

1 comment:

heanguy said...

Um,so food, football, napping-- yep, it was like Thanksgiving was created just for me!