Monday, November 30, 2009

Finished Product

While I couldn't justify making a rainbow cake anytime soon, I could justify making a Christmas cake! The colors didn't come out quite as "orderly" as I had hoped, but I still think it's a pretty cool cake.
As I was icing the cake I realized that I've actually never done that before! I usually just eat cake without icing (weird, I know). So, I was pretty pleased that I didn't make a complete mess.
I don't really have an occasion for making this cake, and I don't even intend to eat much more than one piece. For sake of the pictures I went ahead and cut a hunk out of the cake just so I could see the inside.
This was a fun rainy day project. If your sweet tooth is aching, come on over for some Christmas cake!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

that looks so fun!